This is the second edition of our school on lattice techniques for cosmology, which will be online in this occasion. Our school is aimed to provide a pedagogical introduction to lattice field theory techniques and their use to simulate the dynamics of interacting fields in an expanding background. The lectures will serve as well as an introduction to CosmoLattice, a public code developed for lattice simulations of early Universe scenarios. The use of CosmoLattice as a tool to simulate scalar and gauge field non-linear dynamics in an expanding universe will be presented in full detail. Modern applications to inflation, preheating, gravitational wave production, non-minimally coupled scalar field dynamics, axion-like field dynamics, etc, will also be covered.
The school is aimed to anyone who would like to learn (or simply improve their knowledge on) how to simulate in a lattice the dynamics of early Universe field theory scenarios. The lectures will cover:
* Lattice field theory techniques: discretisation schemes, lattice gauge techniques, and more.
* Numerical algorithms for differential equations: Leapfrog, Verlet, Runge-Kutta, etc
* Overview of CosmoLattice: libraries, modularity, parallelisation, ...
* Lattice simulations of interacting fields in an expanding background:
- Scalar field dynamics with arbitrary potentials
- U(1) gauge theories with complex charged scalars
- SU(2) gauge theories with doublet charged scalars
* Modern applications to early Universe scenarios:
- Preheating scenarios and onset of radiation domination
- Production and evolution of gravitational waves
- Dynamics of derivatively coupled Axion-like fields
- Dynamics of non-minimally coupled scalar fields
- Others, if time permits
Main lectures will be given by:
- Daniel G. Figueroa ........... IFIC, Valencia, Spain
- Adrien Florio ........... Brookhaven Natl. Lab, US
- Francisco Torrenti ............ IFIC, Valencia, Spain
Topical lectures will be given by:
- Jorge Baeza-Ballesteros ..... IFIC, Valencia, Spain
- Joanes Lizarraga ......... UPV/EHU, Bilbao, Spain
- Nicolas Loayza .................. IFIC, Valencia, Spain
- Kenneth Marschall ............ IFIC, Valencia, Spain
- Toby Opferkuch ............ Berkeley, California, US
- Ben A. Stefanek ............... Zurich U., Switzerland
- Ander Urio ................. UPV/EHU, Bilbao, Spain
Observations: The school will be online, during 25-29 Sept 2023. Applications can be sent till Aug. 31st 2023 through this website. There is no fee to participate in the school. In order to do practice sessions, participants will need to have access to a personal computer or a cluster. A schedule considering overlapping day-time windows within Europe, India and China will be set up (details yet to be decided).
We look forward to seeing you online!